MailChimp

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarantine Food Diaries, Day 9, Make it Matcha




In love with  the healing hue of Green and my thoughts turned to all things Matcha. It has phenomenal healing properties, super antioxidant, immunity building ,  free radical reducing, neuron firing stimulator, it's potent medicine and it's the focus of today's recipe. 

Vegan Matcha Cake with Coconut Milk Matcha Whip Cream



Way better, day two after being refrigerated.



  • 3/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (if you use cane sugar the color of your cake is outstanding green, you could substitute some stevia, NOT 1/2 cup, do it to taste)
  • 1/2 package silken tofu (3.5 oz, it varies, but mine was about 7 oz.)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1 cup coconut flour 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 tbsp Cooking Grade Matcha
  • 3/4 cup almond milk

Matcha Coconut Milk Whip Cream

1 can full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp cooking grade Matcha
1 - 2 tsp stevia
black sesame seed garnish


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, cream together the coconut oil and cane sugar on medium until fairly smooth. Add the tofu and vanilla extract and continue to mix until tofu is incorporated. Add in the flour, salt, baking powder, and matcha green tea powder, mix until incorporated. Add in the almond milk and mix until batter looks smooth. Transfer batter to the greased loaf pan and bake for 45 mins to an hour. Check after 45 mins, if a knife comes out of the middle clean, it’s done!If not, keep going!


It's super sunny today,  I taught my first Zoom yoga class, my mom attended, it was super sweet! It's going on Day 10 today and I am really feeling the sense of others anxiety, friends and family affected. I worked on sending Reiki to all this afternoon, blanketing the fears of those I love with love and light. I am brought to the thought that our only control is our ability to measure our reactions and responses to things. Last night I couldn't sleep, I wasn't tired, was restless and so I turned to my phone which ended up filling my head with salacious words to really sell the story of what is happening. I watched and noticed the visceral effect this had on my body of feeling ungrounded, and fearful and I closed my phone and consciously took myself outside my thoughts, wrapped all those I love and myself in giant bubbles of white light. I used this visual from an animated movie I saw years ago depicting emotions as people called Inside Out. I made these emotions in me like little people, I know it sounds funny, this is a great visualization for kids so even if it doesn't work for you try a meditation like this for them. You ask them to imagine, embody their fear, happy, envy, anger and sad into actual people, what would they look like: One by one you ask them to let go of them and just be with who they are without each of these emotions taking up residence. So I did, just that and then surrounded myself in white light. I choose to have slow reactions, measured responses. My mom used to say to me, the dramatic child and young adult that I was, "not too high with the highs, not to low with the lows." I think about this simple statement now as the middle way.




Loving the new playlist I found, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment